Intrexx Alternative - Appollo Low Code Platform
Today, you can find more than 100 low-code platform provider and there are many alternatives like Intrexx , Mendix or Outsystems. Many of them can be compared e.g., at Sourceforge Software Products.
Start reading what makes Appollo so different.
Easy to learn, easy to understand, graphically configurable
Understanding of Low Code
A common understanding of low code is to develop apps using graphical elements, configured and connected by drag&drop, instead of writing millions of lines of code.
Today, there are much more than 100 alternatives of low code platforms, like Mendix, Outsystems or Intrexx. But there‘s a huge difference, especially since many do not model graphically or use dialogs to configure data with highest risk of inconsistencies.
Benefits of Appollo
In Appollo everything is graphical, particularly the data models are graphically represented.
Business and all stakeholders easily understand all graphical modeling, from data model, user interface, process to backend.
For any apps, complex automation, industry & IoT solutions
Understanding Types of Apps
Today, most of low code alternatives are either specialized for mobile app development, like Mendix, Intrexx or Outsystems, or process digitalization, like Pega. According to Gartner, companies are using up to 4 low code platforms to fulfill all business needs.
Also the low code efficiency is different. Which means that dependening on the complexity of your app, you are mostly required to use high code and high professional IT developers in an early stage.
Benefits of Appollo
Apps are online at the push of a button, without IT support but highest security
Understanding App Delivery
Application delivery must consider 3 major aspects.
- Ease of Use
Benefits of Appollo
As a precondition, Appollo seamlessly integrates into an existing infrastructure, thus avoiding shadow IT.
Application delivery is just a click at a button without any IT support. Publishing takes place within seconds.
As an outstanding feature, Appollo provides publish application functions right a way, without any restart of the current application for highest availability.
Runtime access can be configured with fine-grain access rights.
The only all-in-one platform that supports the entire application life cycle
Understanding App Life Cycle
The Application Life Cycle consists of five phases
Benefits of Appollo
Appollo not only supports low code development but all phases of the application life cycle. Starting from Business Analysis and Design, up to Test Automation and Operation.
As an outstanding feature, Appollo has an integrated graphical issue management, including also a Kanban board for an agile project management.
None of the well-known low code alternatives, like Intrexx, Kissflow, Bizagi and many more do not provide the entire application life cycle starting with business analysis and design with a seamless tranistion into low code development.
Up to 10x faster than traditional programming, significantly lower costs
Understanding Low Code Speed
Typically, low code speed is measured using the duration of low code development phases.
Besides that, there is a high potential to speed up application delivery during all phases of the application life cycle.
Benefits of Appollo
Supporting all phases of application life cycle, the Appollo Low Code Platform provides you the potential to significantly increase application delivery, up to 10 times faster than conventional development methods.
This ultimately leads to a significant reduction in development, operation and maintenance costs.
is more than just
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION
Visualize a complete enterprise analysis for heatmap derived strategic decisions
Support for Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Use Appollo from the very beginning
- Make a complete enterprise analysis
- Conduct a strategic consulting by identifying gaps, risks, benefits and recommendations
- Document all findings, risks and recommendations directly at the graphical model and element using the integrated issue management
- Discuss strategic decisions on a heat map-based evaluation of such issues
- Drill-Down to any detailed model of your analysis
- Seamlessly continue with business analysis and requirements engineering for most critical uses cases
- Use one common tool context for all stakeholders and for all phases of digital transformation
From today’s point of view low code alternatives, you can compare IBM BPM, Intrexx, LANSA, AgilePoint or whatever provider, none of them will start with a strategic analysis of digital transformation on their platform.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS & REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING
Use more than 20 model types for a detailed graphical business analysis
Support for Business Analysis and Requirements Engineering
Use more than 20 model types and the integrated issues management for a graphical business analysis and requirements engineering.
- Close the gap between business and IT
- Avoid misunderstandings and miss implementation to speed up delivery time
- Instead of writing business requirements in kind of Word, Excel or PowerPoint, deliver graphical models and user stories up to evolutionary prototypes of your use cases
- Work together using one common visual language and one common tool context
- Add attachments and description to each model or model elements
Support for business analysis and integrated requirements engineering speeds up app development but is hardly to find it in other low code alternatives like Neptun, Simplifier, Axon Ivy, Intrexx and many more.
Create graphical user stories for a seamless transition into low code development
Appollo provides an integrated issue management, where issues like user stories, requirements or bugs can be directly added to a model or even an element.
- Developers directly know where to fix the issue
- Project planning and controlling on one platform
- Create your sprints to provide an agile project management and assign issues to the developers
- Issue creation and verification directly at the correct model and element
The integrated graphical issue management is a unique selling proposition of Appollo and supports for faster app develeopment and maintenance as well as project management. Therefore evaluate low code alternatives e.g., at saasworthy, like Caspio, WaveMaker or Intrexx and many more.
FOR HIGH COMPLEX PROCESS, MOBILE, WEB AND ENTERPRISE APPS
Use BPMN standard for the digitalization of processes
Process Digitalization by BPMN Standard
Other alternatives like Intrexx or Mendix provide workflow automation. But most of them don’t use BPMN as process standard. With the Appollo Low Code Platform, you can easily create high complex process digitalization using the BPMN standard and directly connect to any kind of Mobile, Web or Core Enterprise Apps by no-code.
- Graphical development of any kind of complex process.
- Out-of-the-box integration of process-to-mobile app communication.
- Usage of a well-known industry standard.
- Realize your workflows by just drag&drop and no-code configuration
- The graphical model represents exactly what is executed at runtime
Use CMMN standard to include dynamic case management into your business processes
Dynamic Case Management by CMMN Standard
The Appollo Platform offers the possibility to use Dynamic Case Management based on the CMMN standard for dynamic or document-centric workflows.
- While processes are rather static, more dynamic use cases can be easily automated by Dynamic Case Management
- Case Management offers a high flexibility while still follow the established guidelines
- Create your case plan by drag&drop and integrate them seamlessly into your workflows by no-code
Dynamic Case Management is important in many business and public sectors. Therefore also some of the low code providers offer this feature but evaluate e.g., alternatives like PEGA, Intrexx or Mendix if they can provide it according to the CMMN standard, like Appollo.
Use DMN standard and nestable decision tables for your business rules
Rules Engine and Decision Tables by DMN Standard
Appollo provides an integrated Rules Engine based on the DMN standard to integrate your business rules.
- Any kind of nested decisions can be modeled understandable and maintainable even by the business departments
- Simplifies the design and execution of the business rules within a business process by drag&drop and no-node
- Use any kind of input and output data to visualize the business rules and integrate the decision tables directly into your process
Use PWA progressive web app technology and one single code base for both mobile apps and web apps
PWA Technology for Mobile App
Other alternatives like Outsystems or Intrexx create native Apps. The Appollo Low Code Platform instead provides the progressive web app (PWA) technology for mobile app development.
- Use one single code base for both mobile apps and web apps
- No app store is required
- Configure a mobile app with just a couple of clicks
- Install the app at your home screen directly from the browser
- Optionally, your app can be published into any app store
Use more than 50 no-code configurable UI Elements from simple to high complex pixel-perfect user interface
More than 50 UI Elements
Design any complex user interface with more than 50 UI elements, including tables, google maps, charts and many more.
- Create complex UI pages in nearly no-time
- UI elements are highly configurable by no-code
- capture events by no-code to easily implement event-based condition, UI validation and UI page flow action
- easily configure a fine-grained visibility and access control of UI elements
- add individual CSS styles or setup your corporate design
- adjust a pixel-perfect responsive design for any device
Easily integrate any kind of individual custom UI components for an unlimited user experience
Support for Custom UI Component
The Appollo Low Code Platform provides the possibility to easily integrate any kind of individual custom UI component available on the market.
- There is no limit for your creativity to design for gorgeous user experience
- Directly integrate the UI component by No-Code into any UI page. Just map your data attributes and connect the UI page flow in a User page flow model based on custom UI event
- Reuse a UI component in any UI page
FASTER TIME-TO-MARKET & HIGHER QUALITY
Generate and reuse UI components for high speed delivery and zero fault tolerance
UI Component Generation
The Appollo Low Code Platform provides the possibility to add multi-lingual user interface properties and validation & default values directly at the data attribute.
- Generate multi-lingual UI components including all necessary validation directly from your data objects in seconds
- Lengthy translation effort or scripting of validation rules on User Interface elements is a thing of the past
- Add labels, placeholders, tooltips or error messages multi-lingual directly at the data element
- Integrate all validations, like range, length, regular expressions or validation functions on data level
Modularize large enterprise-grade projects into subprojects to integrate reusable components by no-code
To support large scale projects, the Appollo Low Code Platform enables to modularize enterprise grade projects into subprojects.
- Reuse specific parts of the application, like external system integration, as a library over many projects
- Reduce maintenance and familiarization by working with small sized projects
- Communicate between subprojects by calling specific API models by no-code from your process, your mobile app or web app
- Integrate previously created components into your new project by no-code to ramp up the development
- Use GIT-based version management and branches
ALWAYS-ON APPLICATIONS & ON-THE-FLY DELIVERY
Publish-lock-unlock microservices for highest availability and maintainability without downtime
All models are considered a microservice, which means they can be published independently.
- Achieve highest availability by publishing change request and new features without server and application downtime
- Avoid financial or reputation damage by locking faulty services while still continue using all other application services
- Avoid testing effort by only testing the newly published models
- In case of an issue in your application, you can directly lock a specific microservice, while the rest of the application is still running smoothly
- Unlock it again when the issue is resolved without downtime
REDUCTION OF TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP AND CHANGE
Full application lifecycle support to significantly reduce development, operations and maintenance costs
Appollo supports the full application life cycle.
- By supporting the full application life cycle the Appollo Low Code Platform reduces both the total costs of ownership and the total costs change
- Start using Appollo from the very beginning of your innovative idea
- Invite stakeholders and end users for an efficient collaboration
- As a business analyst, deliver prototypes for a seamless transition into low code development
- Deliver on-the fly and use test automation
- Monitor KPI and business activities
- Continue with the next innovation cycle containing optimizations and new enhancement
The Appollo Low Code Platform seamlessly integrates into your enterprise architecture
For the infrastructure, it is recommended to have one server instance per environment, while the production environment should be redundant.
For development, test and staging environments, we minimally require the following specification:
- CPU:6 Core x 3.6 GHz
- RAM:32 GB
- SSD:2 x 480 GB Software RAID 1
For production environments, we minimally require the following specification:
- CPU:8 Core x 3.6 GHz
- RAM:64 GB
- NVMe2 x 960 GB Software RAID 1
Depending on the needed users and the complexity of the applications, these instances may require to be adjusted over time.
Appollo = Success Factor
Low Code &
SUCCESS FACTOR: Roadmap for fast Ramp Up
Low Code & Citizen Development
Appollo Low Code Platform & Citizen Development
Other alternatives are mainly built for professional developers, like Outsystems or Intrexx. Appollo is built for citizen development, while suppporting also professionals. As a success factor we recommend a roadmap of 3 phases, guided by a Center of Excellence.
Center of Excellence
- governance and controlling responsibility
- organizational change management
Phase 1 „Discover“
- Identity a specific Use Case for a Proof of Concept
- Get trained with the Low Code Platform
- Find the right Citizen Developer Team (skills: motivated, business experts, technical interest)
Phase 2 „Evolve“
- Realize Apps for business functions
- make ongoing Assessments and Focus on Quality and risks
- identify and close gaps
Phase 3 „Scale“
- create apps for organization units
- provide rapid implementation
- always innovating, high agility
SUCCESS FACTOR: Skill-based Project Organization
Access Control in Large Scale Projects
Appollo Project Organization & Citizen Development
A very important second success factor is a skill-based project setup which corresponds to the entire application architecture. Use project modularization into subprojects. Subprojects can be used by no-code from parent projects. Give access rights to authorized users according to skills.
- use junior citizen developers
- tasks consist of mostly drag&drop, no-code, easily testable
Business Process, Business Rules, Dynamic Case Management
- requires senior citizen developers
- business employees are the perfect candidates as they know their workflows and business rules very well
System Integration and DB layer
- take care to search for expert citizen developers
- already very familiar with the in-depth technical aspects of Appollo
SUCCESS FACTOR: High Quality by Clean Low Code
Functionality, Robustness, Security, Maintainability
Appollo Clean Low Code & Citizen Development
Third success factor is about Clean Low Code, an important convention of Appollo Low Code Platform and a basis to guarantee high quality. High Quality not only means functional quality, but also robustness, security and maintainability.
- separate complex functions in submodels as a microservice
- use a test automation
- fatal errors or business errors are always handled by no-code
- you cannot publish a model if those errors aren’t handled
- developers never know or can log system access data
- SQL injection is not possible
- fine grained access rights to publish into runtime environment
- audit logs
- models should be easy to read and direct understandable
- keep models self-contained, small and only use a few lines of code
SUCCESS FACTOR: Agility
Issue Management, Kanban Board, Microservices, Runtime Issues
Appollo Agility & Citizen Development
Another important success factor is about Agility. There are several features of the Appollo Low Code Platform which help to support agility and high speed delivery in the project and even more.
Graphical Issue Management
- Create issues directly at the model and element for a faster understanding
- End users can create issues directly at the Appollo User Portal and are automatically assigned to the corresponding source element
- manage agile projects using a Kanban board
- also provides support for branches and hot fixes
Micro Services Technology
- easily exchange models on-the-fly for highest availability without downtime
Resources & Services
+49 9371 6692 89-0
© 2023 Appollo Systems GmbH